Wednesday 14 January 2015

death scene

In the scene where Micke, Jonny and Jimmy are killed by Eli the script was not very detailed on how the characters were killed. We decided that we wanted to have one final movement piece for the death scene. To create the scene we found a song that we wanted to use. We started the movement by deciding where we were going to stand and how Amanda could start. She starts off by grabbing us one by one and throwing us to each side of the stage. I go to the right, Danny is in the middle and Steve to the right. We then decided that Amanda should focus most on Danny at this point as he is the one whose character has had the most impact on Oskar. Eli (Amanda) drags Jonny (Danny) to the centre stage and grabs him by the neck. Steve and I then run in and lift him up. This is to demonstrate the strength the Eli really has. Danny is then dropped and falls to the floor. At this point I am standing over Danny and Steve is stage right. Steve then had the idea of Amanda throwing him over me as I bent over to check if Danny's character was alright. Steve rolls over my back and falls stage left. Then it is only me standing on stage besides Amanda.

I had the idea that Micke (My character) should reach out his arm and try to help Danny but he is then grabbed by Eli, swung around and thrown into Jimmy (Steve) This represented the fact that Eli can manipulate us and use our own strength against us, we are completely helpless and can do nothing to stop her. Steve and I then get up and run at Eli in hopes of attacking her. She then uses her powers and pushes Steve and I down by the chests. She then throws Danny over her back and all three of us try to run away. Amanda then stomps the floor and all three of us fall over. Steve is then dragged by Amanda (who is centre stage and doesn't actually touch Steve, instead acts like Steve is her puppet and pulls him by his strings) and throws him to stage right. She then does the same to me. We wanted to show here that Eli has total control over us and that all our efforts to escape are in vane. Amanda then puppets Danny and throws him into me. I am then spun around again and thrown towards Steve who jumps over me. Amanda then puppets Steve and Danny and throws them into each other from separate sides of the stage. I then get up and try to run to the exit. But my escape attempt is cut short by Eli, who grabs me and starts to strangle me. She then Snaps my neck and throws me to the back of stage left. When Amanda grabs me, I decided that I should struggle as little as possible but make it look like I am trying to escape. I wanted it to look like my character is completely helpless and is at complete mercy to Eli. This was to demonstrate that Micke never was actually as strong as he is made out to be. Throughout the play he bullies Oskar and tries to make himself look like a 'big man' But now he is shown to be what he really is. Just a young child who made some bad choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment